So, I've been keeping a secret (or two...eek!) BUT today is the day to finally let you know about one of them: that I have been working hard with 36 other AIP bloggers to produce The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook. We started on this project MONTHS ago and today is the day you can finally get your copy! SO EXCITING!
When I first saw that there was a recipe for chocolate cake in the cookbook I was like, hold up, are you sure you wrote that for this cookbook? How in the world do you cook a cake in a pressure cooker?!
Turns out that the Instant Pot is WAY more versatile than I ever realized.
You can make cakes (recipe below!) You can make sauces. You can make condiments. You can make broths (read my general tutorial here). You can cook all the proteins. You can make delicious offal (ahem - are you actually eating offal every week like you're supposed to?) And you can make a surprisingly versatile array of desserts.
I have the 7-in-1 model and even though I use it multiple times every week I have learned that I have been seriously underutilizing it!
If you do not already own an Instant Pot pressure cooker, you really need to get one ASAP.
It is worth it for the never-ending supply of rich broth (that consistently gels) alone. So when you add on top of that the ability to make FAST FOOD with little to no prep work needed (you don't even have to thaw meat first...) and you have what I think is seriously the #1 appliance to have in your healthy kitchen, especially if you are on the AIP. A good food processor is #2.
The Instant Pot also functions as a slow cooker, too! But note that all of the recipes in The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook are written using the pressure cooker function (so they are SUPER FAST to make).
Note that the 6-in-1 model is still an extremely awesome product and usually costs less than $90 on Amazon, so if you're on a tight budget you can opt for that model instead. You'll be able to make all of these recipes in it!
Click the big button below to be taken to the page where you can purchase a copy of the eBook. If you purchase through my link, you'll get some freebies from me! (info below)
I am sharing SIX RECIPES in this eBook. Yes, SIX!!!
That's the most any blogger was allowed to contribute, and I wanted to give you the most that I could since I love ya that much!
Just take a peek at everything that is inside this eBook... you are not going to be bored with food on the AIP anymore! 141 recipes is A TON OF RECIPES! All conveniently located in one place on your phone, tablet, or computer in a PDF format.
BONUS: Free eBook from The Curious Coconut eBookstore
As a super special THANK YOU for buying a copy of this new cookbook, I am offering a LIMITED TIME DEAL to the first 50 customers ONLY where you can get a FREE copy of one of the other AIP eBooks and a DISCOUNT COUPON for the other from my store with your purchase of The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook:
- Muddled: Paleo and AIP Mocktails to Nourish Your Body and Soul is yours FOR FREE!! Get ready for your holiday parties and New Year's Eve with these incredible mocktail drinks!
- The Allergy-Free Holiday Table (for Thanksgiving and holiday treats and traditional dishes) is your for $8, down from the normal price of $20. You can truly feel like you are having a NORMAL Thanksgiving dinner this year with the recipes in this eBook! The turkey dressing and Italian cream cake are out of this world good and authentic tasting.
To claim your FREE EBOOK you need to do the following:
- Purchase a copy of The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook through this link before 11:59PM Fri Oct 7th.
- Forward a copy of your receipt to email@example.com
- You will get a reply to your email with a coupon code to buy The Allergy-Free Holiday Table
- Wait patiently until Oct 10th to receive your freebie. It may take more than one day to fulfill all the orders :)
BONUS #2: Giveaway!
To celebrate the launch of the eBook we are giving away 10 copies. Yes, 10 copies! It is super easy to enter, just hop on over to this page and you will see the Rafflecopter widget where you can record your entries!
Now, on to the recipe preview from the eBook!
To give you a taste of what's inside, I'm sharing this incredible recipe for "chocolate" cake. Once you get to the reintroduction phase this recipe could be the one you use to test cocoa powder, too! Or you can use the chocolate pudding recipe I developed specifically to reintro chocolate. ENJOY this preview and the full eBook!
AIP "Chocolate" Cake from The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook
This recipe for "chocolate" cake is, amazingly, cooked quickly in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. It was created by Samantha McClellan from Sweet Potatoes and Social Change. Shared with permission from The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook.
- 1 green plantain
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 2 TB melted coconut oil, plus additional for greasing pans
- 2 TB honey
- 5 TB carob powder (or, if you have reintro'd cocoa, use cocoa powder)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- Optional garnishes: coconut cream, coconut flakes, or fruit
- Add the plantain, banana, avocado, coconut oil, honey, carob, vinegar, baking soda, and cream of tartar to a food processor and blend until smooth
- Lightly grease three mini fluted pans or ramekins with additional coconut oil. Pour the batter into prepared pans until they are about ¾ of the way full.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot® and add the steaming rack. Place the pans onto the steaming rack.
- Close and lock the lid. Press MANUAL for high pressure. Set cooking time to 18 minutes. Once time is up, quick release the pressure by flipping the valve on the lid (CAREFULLY - don't burn yourself on the hot steam!)
- Garnish with coconut cream, coconut flakes, or fruit and serve warm.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.Tags: paleo, AIP, gluten-free, egg-free, vegan, autoimmune protocol, Instant Pot, pressure cooker