Ground beef is one of the most economical cuts from a grass-fed cow. It is also easy to prepare and is extremely versatile. I know I tend to default into thinking that ground beef is for supper but it can also make a tasty and filling breakfast, too! That is why I created this easy recipe for herbed beef breakfast patties. Honestly I was getting kinda bored with sausage all the time and wanted something different.
Eggs are excluded on the AIP paleo diet, so if you're having trouble coming up with interesting ideas for breakfast this dish may help bring some variety to your mornings.
Even though I eat these for breakfast, they can also work for lunch or even dinner. My husband even thinks they work well as a flavorful burger patty! You can sandwich them between my AIP Dinner Rolls or the original Plantain Buns (approved by Boy George, didn't you know??!) if you want that kind of burger experience. I'm sure they would also be fabulous in one of my AIP biscuits, too!
Also, in case you missed it, I am offering a super special gift to anyone who places an order through me for Beautycounter products. I have had some seriously excited ladies take advantage! You can learn a ton more about why it is so critical for good health to scrutinize the ingredients in your personal care, skincare, and makeup products in this blog post and learn more about my favorite safe, clean, non-toxic brands. You may be shocked to find that you are using products with disease-promoting chemicals like endocrine disruptors. I went years settling for sub-par DIY products (even makeup, yikes) before finding brands I trust, and Beautycounter is my favorite!
One last thing....don't forget to join us over in my support group on Facebook! I call it my Front Porch because it's a place where we can talk about anything you need and you have the support of others on similar journeys right there with you. Hope to see y'all there :)
Herbed Beef Breakfast Patties (AIP, Paleo)
These flavorful beef patties are a great option for breakfast or even a fun option for burgers!
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 1.5 tbsp dried ground sage
- 3 tsp dried marjoram
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp finely ground unrefined salt
- Combine all the seasonings in a small bowl and mix.
- Add ground beef to a large bowl. To avoid over-working the meat while mixing in the seasoning, spread the meat across the bottom of the bowl and sprinkle with seasoning. Turn meat over and sprinkle again, gently working into the meat.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. While the pan is heating, divide meat into 12 to 16 portions. Roll each into a ball and flatten into a disc.
- Fry the patties, working in batches as needed, until cooked through and both sides are well-browned and slightly crispy, about 10 minutes total.
- Note: If you ground beef is very lean you may need to add a small amount of fat to the pan just before adding the patties.
- Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat in a 350F oven for about 10 minutes.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.