Hello, dear readers! I am pleased to introduce you to Erin from Pure and Simple Nourishment, who is sharing her recipe for orange blossom cookies. They are paleo, SCD, and GAPS compliant, but not autoimmune protocol (AIP) due to the almond flour. But! Don't be discouraged -- these would make an excellent recipe to test the reintroduction of almond flour into your diet, as that is the only non-AIP ingredient. Please join me in giving her a warm welcome, and I hope you enjoy her recipe!
Hi Curious Coconut readers! I am thrilled to be posting here today while Amanda takes a well-deserved break from her blogging duties.
My name is Erin and I run the blog Pure and Simple Nourishment:
I started eating a whole foods diet a few years ago after struggling for years with diarrhea prone IBS. I tried many different treatments, both from conventional and alternative medicine, none of which helped. Through my own research and a lot of trial and error, I have learned how to treat my condition with nutrition. I want to share the power of good, wholesome food with others who may be struggling with the same or other heal`````th issues. My blog is a place where I explore areas related to health and wellness, with a main focus on recipes that follow paleo, SCD and GAPS guidelines. I am also an internal medicine resident and one day I hope to integrate certain forms of alternative medicine into my practice, but I need to get through residency first! I firmly believe that nutrition should play a central role in the treatment of any chronic condition. I would be thrilled if you stopped by my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
Coconut flour. If anyone has used this flour they know that most recipes that use it also rely on a lot of eggs. It's what's needed to cook properly. Unfortunately, I don't tolerate eggs all that well and I know that many of you don’t either, so I try to limit them as much as possible. But I do love the taste of coconut flour so I am always looking for ways to incorporate it into recipes. These cookies are a prime example. Egg-free yet they do contain a little coconut flour and have a subtle orange flavour. These have been taste tasted on my family and a few friends and they always get great reviews! I hope you like them too!
Orange Blossom Cookies (Paleo, SCD, GAPS, AIP reintroduction recipe)
Bright and delicious orange blossom cookies that are paleo, SCD, and GAPS legal as well as an excellent AIP food reintroduction recipe!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Zest of 1 large navel orange
- 1 Tbsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- pinch unrefined sea salt
- 1/3 cup honey (preferably local raw)
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1/2 navel orange)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place all ingredients in a glass bowl and blend well with a pastry blender
- Form a large ball with the dough and place on wax paper. Put this in the freezer for 15 minutes (the cookies will stay together better this way)
- Form 1-1.5 inch balls with the dough and place on a cookie sheet
- Press dough balls down with a wet fork creating a cross hatch pattern. Wet the fork after every cookie to prevent the dough from sticking
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (until tops are golden brown)
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!